Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sweet Potatoes with Maple-Jalapeno Sour Cream

My mom found this recipe recently & my husband quickly added it to his dinner repertoire. It's really easy to make & it adds a lot of flavor to ordinary sour cream. It has a nice kick w/ the jalapenos, but the maple syrup gives it a nice sweet taste as well.

Makes 4 potatoes. Total time: 40-45 minutes at 450.

For the sweet potatoes--

Rub with oil and salt:

4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and dried


For the topping, combine:

1/2 C sour cream(or plain yogurt) *I (ellen) use sour cream, FYI.
1Tbs pure maple syrup

2 tsp jalapeno, seeded and minced

1 tsp fresh lime juice

salt and Tabasco to taste *I (ellen) don't use Tabasco, FYI.

Serve potatoes with maple-jalapeno sour cream, bacon bits, and sliced scallions.


This recipe came from a magazine that my mom used to subscribe to... Cuisine at Home. There is also a website: www.CuisineAtHome.com


-e

No comments:

Post a Comment