Anyone who knows me probably knows that I rely on my husband to do all the cookin' around our house. I can bake just fine... but cook dinner? Not so much. However, my husband came up with a Thai Chicken recipe that is sooo easy even I can do it! :)
* Thai Chicken for Two *
2 Organic Chicken Breasts (cut into small 1 inch pieces)
1/2-1 cup Quinoa or Basmati Rice
1 bottle of Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
Veggies of your choice (I use Squash & Zucchini, 2 of each)
1 Onion (diced) & 1/2 Red Pepper (diced or cut into strips)
2 Cloves of Garlic
1) Start Quinoa (or rice); cook on low while sautéing veggies/chicken, etc.
2) In a Wok (or a large frying pan), sauté onion & peppers on medium heat w/ a bit of olive oil
3) After about 5 min or so, add the chicken to Wok; continue sautéing on med heat
4) When the chicken is about 1/2 way done (still a bit pink), add veggies & garlic; turn heat up a bit (from 5 to 6)
5) Once chicken is done & veggies are cooked to your liking (i prefer them tender w/ a bit of crunch), add the entire bottle of Thai Red Curry Sauce & simmer on LOW heat for approx 10 min.
Serve over quinoa/rice. Enjoy!
NOTE: This recipe is easy to alter for just one person, or for more. For just one person, use only 1/2 bottle of Thai sauce & only 1 chicken breast.
9 hours ago